Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A New Design

Another redesign. I know, I tend to redesign this blog more times than I wash my sheets, but I was feeling bummed that my other design wouldn't work and I ended up losing everything when I deleted it off my web-space provider. Maybe it was for the better.

Initially I was going to do something really simple. I was picking the most bland template Blogger had. I wasn't going to make any changes, I was just going to start writing. Then the tinkerer part of me kicked in. I was only going to change the font, and maybe the color of the title. Then it all just snowballed and I added another column, messed around with RSS feeds, included a label cloud, changed how the blockquotes displayed, reworked margins, justified all the text, and added a border among other things.

It sounds like I did a lot of work, but it all came together quickly like it was meant to happen. The whole experience was very satisfying and I'm pleased that I took a moment and built on to the template I chose. In the end I'm excited with the result even though it wasn't the original design I worked so hard to get working a few months ago. The decision ahead of me now is whether or not I completely start over with the posts.


No comments: