Wednesday, February 21, 2007

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Lose: Yesterday I woke up around 7:35-ish in the morning go through my morning routine, forgetting that I wanted to hitch a ride to Target from my Mom. She had already left, but it wasn't a big deal, I wanted to listen to a CD I hadn't heard but just recently rediscovered, so the walk was fine.

I arrive at Target with intention of picking up Crackdown for the Xbox 360 to play the Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta this spring. I walk down the long aisle to the electronics department to see if the game is on the shelves. It isn't, I hunt down the electronics guy who is working, and he tells me that the side stock workers haven't gone through the boxes and so it won't be out until about 12pm. I certainly am not going to hang around Target for four hours for a game I'm not sure I really want.

Win: After hearing the news I walk down an aisle that I don't normally go down to leave the store, but it looked like the staff was having some merchandising meeting that I didn't want to walk through. I look to my left and there is one of those old PC game two-packs. One of those games, Sanitarium, was one I've been wanting for nearly 10 years. Get this; the two-pack is only $2.48!

Lose
: I get home, and glance at the system requirements wondering if it will work with Windows XP. It does, I install the game and go to play it; after the first level loads the game freezes and shuts down. It does this a couple more times as I try to launch the game.

Win: Today, I ran over to Target and they had Crackdown.

Lose: After buying it, I look at the case and it's broken.

Win: Mom and I went to Best Buy because I wanted to pick up a couple of DVD's that I meant to get on Sunday.

Lose: They only had V is for Vendetta in stock. I also wanted Heat, but I had to settle for Poseidon.

Win: The also had Crackdown, so I considered picking it up and almost did. Instead, I decided not to get the game and save myself $60. Who knows, I might change my mind later.


1 comment:

James Doogin said...

Long Long ago, I remember getting the Sanitarium demo in the mail. That game freaked me. I have always wanted to finish it. .....sweet memories....