Thursday, December 21, 2006

Highly Disappointing TV's

A few weeks ago, I was ready to buy an HDTV. Best Buy had great financing, no interest until 2010 and I got my Best Buy card credit limit increased for the occasion. Although I couldn't buy the TV I wanted (1080p) with the limit I received, I could get a very respectable HDTV (720p - 1080i) instead.

We walk into our local Best Buy and walk over to the HDTV’s. I looked around for awhile ready to make the leap and take home a 46+" slice of heaven. After seeing the displays, I felt under whelmed and disappointed. This was the supposed leap in picture? Were any of the TVs considered high-def? I wondered if Best Buy was displaying HD content, because everything I was looking at indicated quite the opposite.

The disappointment was hard to handle, this was not what I wanted and not what I expected. I was told in the many articles I read about the subject that what was displayed were not real world examples. Supposedly what I was seeing was better than what I was to expect at home, because they configure their settings to be brighter and bolder than normal. If what I was seeing was disappointing, then when I got home, I would be downright depressed.

Needless to say, I left without an HDTV. I decided that I would do more research on the subject and learn everything there is to know before I set out to buy one. I'm the type of person that wants to buy higher-end in the attempt to avoid spending more money in the end replacing with cheaper models. So, I'll wait a couple of more months and see the prices drop and then make another attempt.


No comments: