Friday, December 15, 2006

Pardon Our Dust

I found this failed Gap commercial by Spike Jonze on Google Video. It obviously wasn't ever used, but if you have ever worked in clothing retail, this kind of behavior by customers is nothing new to you. You can be so fed up with it that you just want to join in on the mayhem.

I love how the video starts small with just a pile of shirts falling to the floor and starts snowballing out of control. There were more than one occasions where the Old Navy I work looked comparable to the video's final result. The difference is that it isn't as funny at the end of the day as it is at the end of the video.

I'm not exactly sure what the "new" Gap is all about. I haven't heard anything through corporate although if you walk into an Old Navy you might notice the stores tone is different, a re-branding if you will. It could be that Gap is going through a similar conversion, but what their intended market will be is still a mystery. I mean, they pretty much have the soccer mom market sewn up. Or it could simply mean that this one particular store is getting remodeled. Whatever the case may be, the commercial is awesome.


No comments: