Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

The climax of the holiday season is upon us, from this point on it's all downhill as we begin to put the decorations away, pay those astronomical bills and head back to work. At least we get today, the one day we invested all that work and preparation to enjoy, Christmas day.

Now that the gift-wrap is littering the floor, and the boxes strewn about, we have numerous treasures to cherish for the rest of our attention span. Personally, I made out very well this Christmas day, enough to keep me busy for quite some time. I received gifts from family, friends as well as myself, thanks of course to my mom.

My mom and I have a tradition that started a couple of years ago. On the day after Thanksgiving, my mom will go out and get much of what is on my wish list because of the various deals and coupons that are synonymous with "Black Friday". From what she acquires during her excursions she decides what she wants to get me. Whatever gifts she didn't select, on Christmas day, she brings out and I can exchange and/or purchase them from her. Whatever I don't select she returns.

Below is a list of gifts I received that were on my list. The italicized were items I bought from my mom after all gifts were open.

Nintendo DS
Elite Beat Agents
Yoshi's Island DS

Xbox 360
F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy

Saint's Row
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Viva PiƱata

PlayStation 2
Bully

DVD
Alias - The Complete Fifth Season
The Amazing Race - The First Season
How I Met Your Mother - Season One
The Simpsons - The Complete Eighth Season

Books
Marlfox
The Legend of Luke
No Plot? No Problem!

In addition, there were a couple of surprises, like money and wall clings from my grandparents, as well as a gift card from Clementine. I hope everyone who reads this had as fruitful Christmas as I, and if you missed getting me a gift this year, my birthday is just seven months away.


No comments: