Sunday, December 10, 2006

Tyler & James Win!!

The Amazing Race is my favorite reality show of all time. The frantic pace and drama keeps me on the edge of my seat, or quite literally climbing the walls. At the start of the season I'm pretty calm, however as the season progresses I become more and more invested in the teams. This season was no different.

From the beginning, I rooted for the modeling recovering drug addicts, Tyler and James and the beauty queens Dustin and Kandice. From the start, I wanted to see one of these two teams win. Throughout the season, other teams began to become favorites like Erwin and Godwin for letting David and Mary win the Fast Forward. Even though they were nice, they as well as David and Mary refused on more than one occasion to race.

Then there were the teams that I didn't care for, like the über-gay Tom and Terry. The both got on my nerves, although when Tom jumped into the water and pulled their sampan to the junk, he single handedly redeemed the team, even though they were eliminated that same episode.

Finally, there are the teams that I hated but loved to watch like Rob and Kimberly. They had the most car trouble and all out bickering that there were moments when I didn't think they were going to make it to the end. Even with all their car trouble, they somehow slid into the final three.

Even though the final three didn't include Dustin and Kandice, there was at least one team I could root for. To my utter delight, the models crossed the finish line first. Then hearing Rob and Kimberly curse "the boys" as they ran to the finish line was the cherry on the sundae.

Thankfully I won't have to wait long for the next season to begin. The Amazing Race 11 will be an all-star season. Some of the most cometitive teams from previous seasons will battle it out the top honor of winning The Amazing Race.


No comments: