Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Are You Reading Me?

It's weird to learn that people other than family and friends have read my blog. It's an uncomfortable feeling that my opinions are out in the Internet ether for the entire world to read and comment. Regardless of how uncomfortable it feels I've placed myself out there for a reason; I wanted an open forum, a street corner on the Internet where I can stand atop a soapbox and talk about anything I wanted.

It's interesting, if I were out in public, standing on a soapbox, rambling on about the Barry Manilow concert I attended, I probably wouldn't get much attention. However, on the Internet someone is willing to stop and listen to what I have to say. I'm surprised to tell you that that is exactly what happened. Someone stopped and listened while I rambled on about my Barry Manilow experience.

I was checking my "Google Juice" on Google yesterday and came across Barry Fun: A positive, fun blog, about Barry Manilow. One particular post had links to different reviews of the Portland Barry Manilow concert including mine. In addition, the blogger used my concert ticket graphic, which would have been a point of contention if the blogger were stealing bandwidth by hotlinking. Plus, it's a Barry Manilow site, I had a scan of a Barry Manilow ticket; it's all good.

Then I found that "James Doogin", a friend of mine, Dugg my post called "First TV Show to DVD". It was then Dugg a few more times by other people. It never gained critical mass to make it popular, but this blog is so diverse that it's unlikely going to make me famous, unless a lot of people really like hearing about showers and sandwiches. I'm sure there aren't many out there.


1 comment: