Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Resolutions

Let's talk resolutions. During one time or another throughout our lives, we've resolved to change something about ourselves for the better. Sometimes we succeed, most of the time we fail, but in the end it was fun trying. Now we have entered a new year, 2007, an opportunity to let ourselves down once again because we didn't exercise quite as much as we hoped, or those 20 lbs. we planned to drop ended up being 30. Luckily for me, I never made fitness goals as part of New Years Resolutions, instead I make realistic goals. So let's look at what my resolutions were last year and how I did on them.

1. Pay off my credit cards! While I never pay a dime of interest, I still don't want all this debt. So, this year I am going to pay off my debt and cut up all but one credit card. Naturally in order to keep my excellent credit rating, I won't be closing any accounts.

I did pretty well on this one. I must admit that when I made this resolution, I had nearly paid off all my debt, so accomplishing it was an easy task. Then I got an Xbox 360 and that added some debt to my Best Buy card. Thankfully that is nearly paid off, which means I will once again be debt free.

2. Update this website daily. Over the past month or so, I have been neglecting this website. This was mostly due to sheer lack of time. Now that life is slowing down, I am going to be vigorously updating this site.


I thought I would be able to do this, but when you have nothing to talk about, it makes little sense in posting something. You obviously come here to read about the interesting goings-on in my life, if nothing is going on, then there shouldn't be anything for you to read.

3. Update DisneyFunClub.com weekly. I really want to get my trip reports finished.


This was doomed from the start. I'm still trying to find the time to update this blog. I mean, my last post was in September of 2005. What's difficult is I don't run in these circles very often, so I would have to start involving myself with Disney more often.

4. Start 3 new websites.

I got two launched, the third I dropped because there was little sense in launching it. I won't tell you what it was going to be because I wouldn't want to disappoint you. The only problem with this was that these sites were not updated regularly. To my credit, nowhere in this resolution did I say I would update them at all.

5. Begin podcasting.

Do you see any podcasts anywhere on this site? Or any of my other sites? No. I don't know, the idea of podcasting has rather waned on me a bit. Due primarily to the fact that podcasting as evolved into video podcasting. While that would be easier for me to implement, I don't know what it is I would share.

I think I did well with my resolutions. But what am I going to do this year? Nothing . . . well, not nothing, but I don't think I'm going to make formal resolutions this year; if I come across something that I want to change, than I will resolve to change it. Until then, I'm just going to live my life.


No comments: