Friday, January 26, 2007

I Hate Heelys

It isn't uncommon to walk around outside, inside, anywhere in public really, and have a child come gliding past you. This is thanks to Heelys, the worst piece of footwear available on the market today. Heelys are shoes that roll. They are a basic athletic shoe with a wheel hidden into the heel, allowing the wearer to roll by shifting their weight to their heel.

Typically, children wear these, although they are available for adults, they have become a bane of my existence, and dare I say the global society. Children are already unpredictable, reckless, thoughtless, unfocused, and ignorant of their surroundings, so some mental-health supervisor in Oregon decided that he should develop shoes allowing them to move faster. The shoes only amplify their faults making for extremely dangerous scenarios.

I know it's terrible for me to say, but as with any thing that annoys me, seeing it get the better of the child is always a welcome scene. There is nothing like witnessing a child attempting a trick then watching them pick pavement out of their teeth. Or rather, pick their teeth out of the pavement. I suppose that's the only instance in which I would find Heelys acceptable.

When I'm at work and children are racing around the store, I will make no effort in moving out of the way allowing them to crash right into me. This ultimately gets them in trouble with their parents, who probably begrudgingly bought them the shoes to begin with. It's a shame that everyone has to suffer because of these shoes.

Regardless, Heelys are skates and parents are retarded to think they are safe. Most of these so-called parents of children who wear this footwear probably require them to wear protective gear if they were on rollerblades, or a skateboard, even a bike, but they some how miss the obvious feature in the shoes they bought for their children. This goes to show that parents these days don't take an active role in their children's lives.


No comments: