Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Wink and a Nod

My right eye is twitching. It's been twitching for the last several days and it is driving me crazy. There are two reasons why this is happening to me, first, the lack of sleep. I have not been sleeping very much because of being so busy. I get up relatively early in the morning and I don't get to bed until rather late. During the late night hours, I am most creative, so I need to harness as many of those as I can.

The second reason is eyestrain. I spend many hours in front of a computer screen. I'm going to blame this and another blog I am trying to get started. In fact, I started it yesterday but I'm waiting until I have more posts before it's "launched" in a couple of days.

Naturally, a twitching eye can be a little embarrassing in public. I can be talking to someone and my eye can begin to twitch resulting in a wink. Thankfully, no one has called me out on it, and probably no one has noticed my spastic winks. However, I'm waiting for the moment when someone reads more into it than an involuntary spasm. I hope that I will be able to put an end to it on Monday when I can sleep in. Until then, if you see me winking at you, it's not what you think and just let it go.


No comments: