Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Super Set

After a couple months of waiting, I finally picked up Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition. This 14-Disc collection includes these seven Superman movies:

01. Superman The Movie
02. Superman The Movie: 2000 Expanded Edition
03. Superman II
04. Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
05. Superman III
06. Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
07. Superman Returns

I was going to get it the week it was released, but the Target I go to never seemed to have one that wasn't damaged. Ultimately, I requested a rain check in hopes they would get one that wasn't all bent out of shape. So I waited and looked them over as the received them in and they were all damaged. So, I waited some more until they stopped replenishing the set. This was a huge disappointment because my rain check was for $69.99 and nowhere else had it at such a great price.

Recently I checked Amazon.com and saw they had the set for only $70.99, a reasonable price for sure. I batted around the idea of just buying it on Amazon; the problem with buying over the Internet is you don't know what kind of shape it will be in when it arrives. Since there are no Amazon stores around, exchanging it would be a nightmare.

A few days ago, I received some Best Buy coupons in the mail giving me 10% off any regular priced movie, music or video game purchase. I took the coupon to my local Best Buy store and found they had it in stock. They were offering it for $79.99 and so I picked it up. With my coupon, it would bring the final price down to, $71.99, $2 more than Target and $1 more than Amazon. That's reasonable, considering I can't get it at Target and Amazon is kind of a crapshoot.

It's nice to know that I have all the Superman movies in one convenient package. Better still, by buying this Ultimate Collector's Edition I saved a minimum of $70 over buying each of these movies and documentaries individually. That makes the wait and price worth it, plus this aluminum case will take up far less space on my shelf than each DVD case would.


No comments: